Join Preston Pirates
Please read this page fully, then follow the link to join.
Preston Pirates membership can be purchased online via the British Cycling website. There is a link further down this page.
Our membership runs from 1/4 – 31/3 each year, fees for 2019 - 20 are …
|Under 16’s||£8.00 (plus £1.00 admin fee)|
|Over 16’s||£10.00 (plus £1.00 admin fee)|
|Family||£20.00 (plus £1.00 admin fee)|
In an effort to streamline some of the work done by our volunteers, and reduce the burden placed upon them at the track we will no longer be accepting membership forms or collecting membership payments at the track. The preferred method of joining the club or renewing your club membership will be using the BC website.
On completion of the online membership process you will receive confirmation emails to tell you your payment has been accepted and your membership details have been updated.
If you any have difficulty in doing this, or if for some reason are unable to make online purchases please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before joining please read the below Code of Conduct. By becoming a member you agree to this Code of Conduct.
Code of Conduct for Parents/Carers and, Adult Members, Volunteers & Other Supporters
- inform the coach of any specific health requirements or medical conditions of my child in advance of the coaching session by completion of a club membership form or a parental consent form
- advise the coach if my child has to leave early or is being collected by someone other than a parent/carer, giving details of the arrangement including who will be collecting my child, when and at what time
- encourage my child to learn the rules and play within them
- discourage unfair play and arguing with officials
- help my child to recognise good performance, not just results
- set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding the good performances of all
- never punish or abuse a child for losing or making mistakes
- publicly accept officials’ judgments and teach children to do likewise
- support my child’s involvement and help him/her to enjoy his/her sport
- use correct and proper language at all times
- remember that children participate in sport for their enjoyment, not mine
- support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities
- respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, disability, cultural background or religion
- show appreciation and respect for coaches, officials and administrators. Remember, without them, your child could not participate
As a member of the club, you are expected to abide by the following code.
- arrive for training and competition in good time to prepare properly
- wear suitable kit (including a helmet) and clothing for all cycling activity sessions, as agreed with the coach
- warm up and cool down properly on all occasions
- play within the rules and respect officials and all their decisions
- be a good sport by applauding all good performances, whether they are made by my club or the opposition
- control my temper – verbal abuse of officials and other riders, or deliberately distracting/ provoking an opponent is not acceptable or permitted behaviour in any sport
- work equally hard for myself and my club – remember, the club’s performance will benefit, and so will I
- respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, disability, cultural background or religion
- pay any fees promptly
- abide by the rule that junior members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or while representing the club at competitions
- abide by the rule that junior members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on club premises or while representing the club
- treat all participants in cycling as I would like to be treated – not bullying or taking unfair advantage of another participant
- cooperate with my coach, club mates and opponents – remember, without them there would be no competition
- thank officials and opponents after competition.