If I wish to test myself against older or faster riders
No, a rider has to earn the right to “move up”. Any rider who achieves a ranking in the top two of their own class may elect to “ride up” one age group the following year. Should the rider again achieve a top two ranking they may elect to ride up one further year.
- Any Male rider in his 15th year can elect to ride in either 15/16s or Elite Men.
- Any Male rider in his 16th year can elect to ride in either 15/16s or Elite Men.
- Any Female rider in her 14th or 15th year can elect to ride 13 – 15 Female or Junior Female.
- A Cruiser rider aged 30 years or over, may choose to compete at either the oldest level below that age level or in the appropriate age group in one of the 30 years and over Cruiser classes.
- A 20″ rider aged 30 or over may choose to compete in 19+, Masters (30+) or Elite Men.
The choice of competing class shall be made for the whole Series. Any rider wishing to return to their normal age race class or move out of the Elite category may only do so by written application to the BC BMX Commission.